This Privacy Notice applies to personal data that WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd. collects from individuals or entities via a number of sources (for example websites, online shops and mobile apps, social networking sites, events or consumer engagement services) and, in some instances, from third parties.
3.2 TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd. only collects personal data necessary for a specific purpose. We collect the following personal data:
Personal data you share with us directly
We collect personal data when you request information about us, purchase our products, register for a contest, or use an application of our company. You will be informed what kind of data is mandatory and what kind of data may be provided by you on a voluntary basis. The types of personal data include:
Personal contact information such as name, address, email, phone number, picture and demographic information, including age, gender, household or location.
- Account login information if you open an account with us or your details when you fill out a survey (name, email address, login ID, username, password and security question).
- Payment information, such as name, credit card number, expiry date, billing address, when you purchase our products online or in one of our stores.
- User-generated content, including any content (e.g. photos, videos and personal stories) that you create and share by uploading it to our Sites.
- Employment information such as your CVs and references when you apply for a job with us.
Information collected automatically when you interact with our Sites
We collect personal data from third party social networking sites (such as the “Like” functionality on Facebook, the “Follow” functionality on Twitter or the YouTube functionality) through so called social plug-ins. The purpose of the data collection by WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd. via plug-ins is to allow you to share our content on your own social media pages. The further processing and use of the data by the providers on their pages as well as the rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the data protection references of the respective providers. If you do not want WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd. or the third party social networking site to allocate data collected through our Sites to your account with this social network, you must log out of the respective social networking site before visiting our Sites.
Why do we collect personal data and use it?
WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd. collects and uses personal data for a range of purposes. You can object to each of this data processing at any time (contact details see below). Your data is collected for the following purposes:
- To allow you to create and access your user account including any loyalty program associated with your account. In these cases, we process your data for the performance of a contract or request according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
- To process and ship your orders and purchases we process your data for the performance of a contract or request according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
- To develop consumer engagement and provide you a tailored consumer service, such as:
- To send you information, products or samples that you have requested. In these cases, we process the data based on your consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
- To get you more actively engaged with our products and services by publishing your content for example. In these cases, we process the data based on your consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
- To contact you in relation with your queries, complaints or comments, via email, letter, telephone. In these cases we process your personal data, including possible special categories of personal data you provided with your prior consent, in order to process your specific request according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
- To use it for contests or promotions you have entered or loyalty programs you are affiliated with, such as:
- To administrate contests or promotions. In these cases, we process the data to perform a contract according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
- To publish the details of the winners, based on winner’s consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR; where required), a legal requirement (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR) or our legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR); as defined in the official rules or details posted with each contest/promotion.
- To allow you to participate in our loyalty program and interact with us within the program. In these cases we process the data based on your consent, where necessary, according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR and in order to execute the respective loyalty program according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
- To contact you for marketing purposes, including direct marketing and social features within social networks: In the following cases you give your consent for the processing of such data according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR:
- To send you our newsletters, if you have subscribed to such a service.
- To suggest products or services which we think may be of interest to you.
- To offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions.
- To contact you via mobile message service if you have subscribed to such services. If done via a partner, we will communicate its name to you.
- To improve our Sites and/or to combine with information we receive from others in order to help understand your needs and offer you with better service, including customising sites and products for you and serving you interest-based advertising. In the following cases, we have legitimate interest to process the data according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR, if not otherwise indicated:
- To evaluate the use of our Sites, using data such as information about account login, computer usage, and/or previous website usage.
- To evaluate the use of our Sites with tracking-tools used based on user’s consent in accordance with Art. 6 para 1 lit. a GDPR or on our legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 para 1 lit. f GDPR. Find out more in our Cookie Notice.
- To improve our products and services using demographic information, consumer profiling and consumer feedback. In these cases, we process data based on your consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- To analyse the effectiveness of our advertisement and promotions, via cookies or tracking technologies based on your consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR or on our legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 para 1 lit. f GDPR.
- To personalise your website experience based on targeted advertising. In these cases, we process data based on your consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. Find out more in our Cookie Notice.
- To offer you social features via community forums, tell-a-friend program or social networking features such as Facebook Connect. In these cases, we process the data based on your consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
- To process your job application for employment and possibly to determine whether you would be suitable for other positions available with our company. In these cases, we process your data for the performance of a contract or request according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR or based on your consent (where required) according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
- For internal governance, security and case management. In the following cases, we have legitimate interest to process the data according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR:
- To maintain the day-to-day operation, the maintenance and the security of WH E-LEARNING Sites.
- To conduct demographic studies or audits.
- To contact you for consumer research.
- To manage risks, disputes and records.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements. In these cases, we process your data to the extent necessary for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR.
Why do we share personal information with other parties?
WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd. does not share your personal information with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless you have provided specific consent in relation to this.
We disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
Our affiliates and any trading brand of WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd.
- Commercial partners, such as brand licensees or co-organisers of a promotion
Service providers to provide services on behalf of WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd.
- Authorities for legal reasons and potential buyers to carry a specific transaction.
How do we store and secure data and for how long?
WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd. takes all reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data we hold against loss, unauthorised access or disclosure and against other misuse.
Personal data will not be sold, shared or otherwise disclosed or transferred to any other third parties except as provided in the Privacy Notice.
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the given purpose, such as to send you our newsletter and other marketing communication, answer queries, resolve problems or provide improved and new services, or for legal requirements. We are allowed to retain the data for a reasonable time after you stop using our services. After a certain period, we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner, if there is no legal obligation to retain the information for a longer period.
In particular, we only keep personal information as long as needed:
a) to carry out services that you requested or to which you have given your consent to the extent specified above;
b) to use tracking advertising and analysis services within the scope of our legitimate interest.
In general the following duration periods apply:
Personal data of user's account: Until the user deletes his / her account for no longer than 3 months, after this period, WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd. will store only those data necessary for fulfilling legal or fiscal obligations.
Personal data related to purchase orders: for the limitation period provided by applicable law.
Personal data of online Job application: for as long as reasonably necessary for your employment application, taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems and to comply with legal requirements under applicable law. With your consent, we may keep it for a longer period, for example to be able to contact you should a suitable job opening occur in the future.
Personal data for Marketing purposes: until the user withdraws his / her consent or opposes to the processing of his / her data for marketing purposes.
Personal data of users that participate to WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd's contest: For the limitation period provided by applicable law.
Personal data of users requesting Information, sending communication, complaint or enquiries to WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd: Until the final process of user's request / complaint and subsequently retained by WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd. where necessary for pursuing its legitimate interest (e.g in case of complaints or enquiries for defence needs).
We use suitable technical and organisational security measures that seem appropriate to us to protect your data stored by us from manipulation, partial or total loss and unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously updated according to technological developments.
We also take the protection of our own internal company data very seriously. Our staff and the service providers engaged by us are obligated to maintain confidentiality and to comply with the data protection regulations. Moreover, these are granted access to personal data only as far as is necessary.
What are your rights?
You can any time object to data processing. You have the following rights:
Right to access: You have the right to demand an insight into your personal data saved with us any time and free of charge if we are processing this data. You can check as to which of your personal data is being processed by us, and that we are using it according to the applicable data protection regulations.
Right to rectification: You have the right to have incorrect or incomplete personal data corrected and to be informed about the correction. In this case, we inform the recipients of the data concerned about the corrections made unless this is impossible or associated with disproportionate effort.
Right to deletion: You have the right to have your personal data deleted under certain circumstances. In the individual case, the right to deletion may be excluded.
Right to restriction of the processing: Under certain conditions, you have the right to demand restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Right to data portability: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to get the personal data that was provided to us by you free of charge in a machine readable format.
Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: You have the right to appeal to a competent supervisory authority against the method of the processing of your personal data.
Right of revocation: You have the right to revoke an issued consent at any time. Processing activities in the past based on your consent shall, however, not become illegal through your revocation.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have an account with WH-Safety Consultancy Ltd., you can use the corresponding options directly in your account and change for example your opt-in/opt-out preferences.
How to contact us?
Should you be concerned about a possible interference with your privacy or misuse of your personal data by us, or if you have any questions or comments, you can contact us via our online contact form here, or by email: email@example.com